Putting a fence around your yard is a big investment. However, the many choices of fencing materials today can be confusing. Do you choose a classic wooden fence, an elegant cast-iron fence, or a utilitarian chain-link fence? One type of fencing material you may not have considered—but perhaps you should—is aluminum. This type of fence is not only durable but is also attractive and versatile.
Benefits of choosing an aluminum fence
1. Durability. Aluminum fencing is one of the most durable types of fencing on the market. Only cast iron fencing has a longer lifespan. According to This Old House magazine, an aluminum fence can last a lifetime. This durability can also help you when it comes time to sell your home. Potential homebuyers will value the fact that they won't have to replace the fencing and can put their home improvement dollars into other projects.
2. Versatility. Aluminum fencing comes in a variety of styles and colors, from black to silver to white, and will complement most any architectural or design style.
3. Requires little maintenance. Unlike wooden and cast-iron fencing that has to be repainted or stained every few years, aluminum fencing is powder coated, which means the finish is bonded to the fence itself. Powder-coated fencing won't chip or flake like painted or stained fencing. In addition, aluminum, while offering a similar look, won't rust like cast iron.
4. Security. While chain-link fencing can be cut and wooden fencing can be hacked with an ax, aluminum fencing is very difficult to breach, especially if you opt to add spear-like finials to the top of the fence.
5. Affordability. While aluminum fencing is more expensive than chain-link fencing, it is more affordable than many other types of fencing, such as wood, cast iron or steel. You'll also save money by not having to paint or stain the fencing every few years and by not having to replace it as often as a wood fence.
6. Eco-friendly. Many types of aluminum fencing are made from recycled materials. In addition, aluminum fencing is 100-percent recyclable when it comes time to replace the fence. What's more, fewer resources are used with aluminum fencing because of its long lifespan
While an aluminum fence may not be the right choice for every homeowner, this type of fencing will last for decades, needs little maintenance, and can adapt to a variety of architectural styles.
Contact a local fencing company for more information.Share